Tuesday, December 18, 2012

First Phone Call


I sat down at work this morning and looked out at the beautiful, big snowflakes falling from the Canadian winter sky while I opened up my browser to check my emails and do my morning routine when I heard a weird noise. I checked all the tabs I had opened and looked for a pop up virus or an auto-playing video; nothing. I checked the speakers; nothing. Then I looked to my right at the office phone that had done nothing but get in the way of my computer mouse since I started working at Econo Magnet. It was ringing; I looked at it like it was a zombie coming out of a tomb. I was confused, do I answer it? Is it ringing on my boss’ line too? What area code is that? Then I awkwardly and shyly asked my boss, “Am I supposed to get that?” He looked at me and threw his hand to his forehead before replying with, “Yes Alana that is what I hired you for.” All questions and concerns had been posted through emails and chats up until today when my boss added a phone number to the website and I had forgot he did so. Needless to say the next time the phone rang I had picked it up before it could finish its first ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment