Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dream on


Ever since I could remember hockey has been a family tradition. My father never had a son so he decided to treat me as one and give me all the experiences that a father would usually do with his son such as fishing trips, four wheeling and participating in all sport events. But my favourite past time of all was every night after dinner sitting in front of the warm fire and watching a hockey game. Little did my dad know that I wasn’t watching for the brick wall hits or the crazy dangles; I was watching to pick out my future husband.

There is an old sang that says when a daughter grows up she is generally attracted to a man very similar to her brother or father. My dad is hard working, strong, funny and a sports fanatic so what better option for a husband that a pro hockey player? Unfortunately the chances of me even talking to an NHL player are the same chances of me getting drafted 1st round in the picks (I can’t even skate). So as my mom would say, “dream on baby, dream on”.

No comments:

Post a Comment