Thursday, December 13, 2012

Work Out Plan


As a tradition with my sister every year at the beginning of December we sit down with tons of chocolate bars, ice cream and junk food and pig out while watching the Victoria Secret fashion show. Right after the fashion show is done the same thing happens every year; we look at each other with a depressed look on our face and say at the same time, “Work out plan? Yup.” We then start going over the ways we are going to cut back on all the junk food we consume and what our daily work outs will be. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for my sister, I am 6’0 and have a very fast metabolism, she is 5’6 and as she would say, “her metabolism retired after she got out of high school”. I promised her that I would work out with her in order to encourage her because a piece of chocolate cake is a lot more tempting then a long, hard workout. We agreed to start taking the stairs at work. She starts work an hour before I do so when I got an out of breath phone call at 8:00 AM; I laughed at told her to suck it up (she works on the 9th floor). I got to work an hour later, found the stairs and started my way up. Conveniently each landing had a chair beside the door where I could sit before I fainted. I work on the 14th level; I sat down after the first flight. I didn’t think it would be such a big hassle because I was always the captain of many different sports teams and worked out on top of that. Now I can’t do a flight of stairs without having to take a seat. I told my sister I did the stairs twice because the first time was so easy, there was no way I was letting her see my weakness. As the little sister I would never be able to live that pathetic story down.

No comments:

Post a Comment